Last year was a doozie: the end of a long relationship that truly should have ended at least a couple of years earlier, my re-entry into the dating scene for real, a quick lesson in salary negotiations, my first Bikram Challenge completed*, a quick weekend jaunt to Hawaii, and a re-realization that the world is damn awesome! (*OK, so I didn't fully complete the challenge, but I did do 27 classes in 30 days while working full-time; I think that is more than pretty good!)
Now for the resolutions:
1) Complete my Master's thesis. I have no more excuses left and I have no one but myself holding me back. I must see this as a series of papers and not some big monster lurking under the proverbial bed.
2) Continue my Bikram practice. It makes me happy and healthy. Ideally, I would like to do 4 days a week, but 3 will suffice. However, I need to be conscious of how my angry little right knee is feeling and back off when necessary.
3) Keep up with the blog. I know that there is a novel, a non-fiction book, or a series of restaurant reviews hidden somewhere in me and writers only get better by actually writing. Of course, writing the thesis will help, but I've got to have some fun writing to do as well.
4) Spend more time with my girlfriends. Friends rock and should be prioritized. We all have busy lives, but I know I can make room for them.
5) Start being crafty again. I used to do a lot of creative things--sewing, knitting, glueing shit from magazines to anything that stood still for more than 5 seconds (decoupaging). What happened that stopped me? A lot and really very little. This year I'd like to return to being a crafty chica and also dip my big toe into "urban art" (but legally, of course).
Alright, I think that is enough for today. There may be more resolutions to come...
Happy New Year to All! Hello 2012, you are looking fantastic already!