Ah, tres bien! This bonnes vacances (good holidays) deal working at a French school is a good thing, indeed. Five days off in May, although it was supposed to be 4, luck and coincidence of fieldtrips made it five off for me!! Yippee!
- Today/Monday--Bezerkely! I mean, Berkeley to meet with my friend Amber for beer and lunch at Jupiter's and a stroll up to Cal to lay on the grass in the sun and talk.
UC Berkeley's Campanile and Library:
- Sunday--Oysters and wine at Eos, again! Followed by one of the BEST MOVIES EVER Donnie Darko (the Director's Cut).
- Saturday--working out, cleaning house, applying for jobs, a million other little things, ending with The Simpsons Movie (which was actually was funny and well-done).
- Friday--Slept in like there was no tomorrow! And then off to the dermatologist to get a small bump by my ear checked out. Non-malignant--Yay! Surgery quite likely--Definitely Not a yay! Here's the lovely view from my dermatologist's exam room (which looks exquisite on a sunny day):
And then a trip to Union Square area to make some exchanges on an article of clothing and a book. Got to see the Anonymous folks:
hand out fliers in protest of these folks (whom I dare not name since they're very litigious!):
- Thursday--I played faux Project Runway and worked on turning a pair of ill-fitting Lucky Brand Jeans (Low Rider style) into a jean skirt (Season 4, Episode 9 is based on refashioning Levis jeans into other clothing). Still working on it. Definitely need a fit model (human) shaped just like me or a fit mannequin (a dressform) to shape the backside. The frontside is looking awesome, IMO, while the backside is having some issues. Before and after pictures will come when product is finished.